View the original version from Source link
Sensory bottles are a great way to put together a quick and easy sensory activity for your kids! If you are planning a unit study all about colors, or you are looking for a fun mess free sensory activity for your kids, you can’t go wrong with this rainbow sensory bottle activity!
This rainbow sensory bottle is so easy to set up, and your kids will have so much fun! You could incorporate this sensory bottle activity into a St. Patrick’s Day theme, color unit study, rainbow theme, or even a spring theme.
GET A FULL WEEK OF PLAYFUL ST. PATRICK’S DAY THEME ACTIVITIES WITH OUR PRESCHOOL ST. PATRICK’S DAY LESSON PLANS.
Not sure whether you’re ready to give sensory bottles a try? Watch this short video to see how quick and easy it is to make your own!
Materials for Rainbow Sensory Bottle
- 1 Plastic Bottle
- Baby Oil
- Gold Glitter
- Multi-Colored Sequins
- Hot glue or tape to secure the bottle (optional, but recommended)
Step by Step Directions:
- Start by filling your bottle halfway with baby oil.
- Top oil with gold glitter and multi-colored sequins.
- Fill the bottle the rest of the way with water.
- Secure lid tightly.
- Seal with glue or tape if you wish.
- Shake and enjoy!
New to sensory bottles? Start here!
If you’re new to making sensory bottles, Preschool Inspirations has the perfect guide to help you get started making your own sensory bottles. Katie will walk you through choosing the perfect bottle and all the ins and outs of making the perfect sensory bottle
Ideas for Using this Sensory Bottle
- Set the sensory bottle in the window or on a light table and invite kids to explore how the light bounces off the glitter and sequins in the bottle.
- Keep the sensory bottle in your science center with other rainbow and color toys for kids to explore freely.
- Place the sensory bottle in a calm down spot for kids to watch as they breathe and work on soothing themselves.
- Use the sensory bottle during circle time. Have kids pass the sensory bottle to a friend. Each friend can share what they would do if they found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.
ST. PATRICK’S DAY THEME FUN WITH PRINTABLE LESSON PLANS
Save time and get right to the playful learning with our printable lesson plan sets. Each set includes over 30 playful learning activities related to the theme, and we’ve provided different versions for home preschool families and classroom teachers so all activities are geared directly toward your needs.
GET YOUR LESSON PLANS
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.