View the original version from Source link
This fun Easter appetizer is a festive twist on a traditional veggie tray. Serve up a bunch of veggies and dunk in our creamy spinach dip for a healthy way to do Easter!
Best Veggies To Use on a Veggie Tray
A veggie tray is a great way to get kids to try different types of fresh veggies. Any veggie can really be used, but these are the veggies we have found hold up the best and are most appealing to kids.
- cherry tomatoes
- carrot sticks or baby carrots
- celery sticks
bell pepper rings or mini peppers
- cauliflower and broccoli florets
- sugar snap peas
How to Assemble a Veggie Tray
These are some tips to creating a delicious veggie tray:
- Determine how many people your tray will serve. This will determine how big your tray will need to be and how many veggies you will need. 2 ounces of veggies per person is a good rule of thumb.
- Wash veggies and dry well before you place them on your tray. This way you won’t have water dripping anywhere on the tray.
- Place veggies that are different colors next to each other. This will give your tray a beautiful color pop!
- Cut your veggies into sizes that are ‘stick’ size. Another fun thing is to use cutters that give your veggies a fun shape to add even more visual interest to your tray.
Spinach Dip for Veggies
Spinach Dip is a favorite and this recipe is definitely a winner. Instead of mayo is uses plain Greek yogurt which is a lighter, more tangy and healthier option.
This spinach dip is a cold spinach dip and is super fast to make and doesn’t require any cooking. It is the perfect thing to dip fresh veggies and soft bread in.
How to make a Bread Bunny
A bread bunny is an incredibly easy and festive way to really take your Easter veggie tray to the next level. This is how you do it:
- Make dough recipe
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll into one long rope.
- Cross the two ends of the rope, one on top of the other.
- Twist the two ends again under each other.
- Bake according to recipe directions.
- Once bread is done and cooled, cut out a whole at the base to make room for th spinach dip.
- Place on tray and fill with spinach dip.
- 8 ounces frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Defrost spinach and squeeze as much liquid from it as possible.
Blend cream cheese and Greek yogurt together with a mixer in a medium bowl.
Add remainder of ingredients including spinach and mix until blended.
Scoop dip into bunny bread and serve with veggies!
Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 236mg | Sugar: 1g