View the original version from Source link
If there’s one dessert that you need to keep on rotation in the warm months ahead, this one should be it! I’ve made this for several occasions and there’s never a bite left when it was all said and done. So amazingly delicious!
Sour Cream Coconut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
1 pkg. white cake mix
1 (15 oz.) can of cream of coconut
1 C. sour cream
1/2 C. vegetable oil
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 (16 oz.) pkg. confectioner’s sugar
1/2 C. (1 stick) butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (7 oz) pkg. sweetened coconut flakes (for topping only)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, cream of coconut, sour cream, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix until combined and well blended.
- Once combined, spoon mixture into a greased & floured 9×13 inch cake pan.
- Bake on 350 for 45-55 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, whip up the cream cheese frosting.
Just combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat until well blended.
- Once the cake cools, spread the cream cheese frosting generously over the top. Sprinkle the sweetened flaked coconut over the top of the frosting, slice, and enjoy!
- I don’t recommend baking this cake in round pans as pictured. This is a crumbly cake and that experiment was a mess! Stick with that 9×13!
Simplify Your Teaching
Join our community for tips, tricks, and resources to help you simplify your teaching!